Reiki 1 is for beginners who are new to Reiki, or those who have learned in the past and would like a refresher. I teach traditional Usui Ryoho Reiki, brought to the West from Japan by Madame Hawayo Takata.
You don't have to work as a Reiki practitioner to benefit from learning Reiki. I encourage my Reiki clients and Meditation students to learn Reiki to take their power back from societal expectations and to facilitate their own healing, growth, and peace on an ongoing basis in between sessions. Not only does Reiki facilitate healing, but it also allows you to gain a deeper state of meditation.
Read this blog to learn more about this training.
There are a number of ways to learn Reiki. What you will get from my approach is unique and powerful, simply because I give you personal attention and care. Every student is unique and will have experiences that require discussion to comprehend and process. So, it's important to me that my students have access to me during the process. Between class levels and beyond.
There are online courses where you are self-paced, but never meet your teacher and you may only see presentation slides and occasionally video of your teacher. You won't have interactions with other students in the class during or after. There's no Q&A with the teacher and there's no practice amongst students. There are other classes that are a little more personal with online Zoom courses, but they are one-day classes. For those, you get it all done in a day and you're on your own.
As part of my courses, I offer each student a 1:1 mentor meeting. Beyond that, I have mentor meetings that can be booked in the future as new discoveries arise. I also have a small Facebook group which includes all of my students and encourage my students to connect with each other for support and practice sessions.
Reiki 1 - $350
Sept 26, 12pm-5pm ET and 9am-2pm PT
(see the bottom of this page for general sliding scale options for individual classes)
I recommend students take Reiki 1 followed by a 21-day practice period leading up to Reiki 2. If you commit to signing up for both courses at once, you will use a discount code $100-OFF as a thank you for making the commitment to both at once.
The course includes:
- The history and traditions of the Japanese Healing Art of Usui Reiki, originated by Mikao Usui.
- A primer on energy and how it shows up in the world and in your body.
- How Reiki works and what it can be used for.
- Basics of your body's bio-magnetic field (aura) and energetic centers (chakras).
- Basics of the body's anatomy.
- Skills in grounding, centering and protecting yourself from energies that affect your vibe.
- Principals of Reiki.
- Hand-positions for practicing Reiki on yourself.
- Attunement Ceremony to the Reiki Energy - each person will schedule their attunement separate from the class time. You'll receive information after registration.
- Drawing 2 of the symbols that facilitate the energy flow.
- One 30-minute mentor meeting.