Reiki 1 is for beginners who are new to Reiki, or those who have learned in the past and would like a refresher. I teach traditional Usui Ryoho Reiki, brought to the West from Japan by Madame Hawayo Takata.
You don't have to work as a Reiki practitioner to benefit from learning Reiki. I encourage my Reiki clients and Meditation students to learn Reiki to take their power back from societal expectations and to facilitate their own healing, growth, and peace on an ongoing basis in between sessions. Not only does Reiki facilitate healing, but it also allows you to gain a deeper state of meditation.
Read this blog to learn more about this training.
There are a number of ways to learn Reiki. What you will get from my approach is unique and powerful, simply because I give you personal attention and care. Every student is unique and will have experiences that require discussion to comprehend and process. So, it's important to me that my students have access to me during the process. Between class levels and beyond.
There are online courses where you are self-paced, but never meet your teacher and you may only see presentation slides and occasionally video of your teacher. You won't have interactions with other students in the class during or after. There's no Q&A with the teacher and there's no practice amongst students. There are other classes that are a little more personal with online Zoom courses, but they are one-day classes. For those, you get it all done in a day and you're on your own.
As part of my courses, I offer each student a 1:1 mentor meeting. Beyond that, I have mentor meetings that can be booked in the future as new discoveries arise. I also have a small Facebook group which includes all of my students and encourage my students to connect with each other for support and practice sessions.
REGISTER AT THESE LINKS
Reiki 1 - $350 - This class occurs over two weekdays, Wed Dec 15th 11am-2pm & Fri Dec 17th, 11am-1pm ET
In person offering is in the Bellevue neighborhood of Richmond. Address will be shared after registration. Email me when you register to let me know that you will attend in person. Thank you!
Use this code when you register for either or both Reiki 1 & 2 classes if you need financial support to participate. — $100-OFF
I recommend students take Reiki 1 followed by a 21-day practice period leading up to Reiki 2. I will be offering Reiki 2 to this cohort in January. We will discuss timing amongst those who register.
The course includes:
- The history and traditions of the Japanese Healing Art of Usui Reiki, originated by Mikao Usui.
- A primer on energy and how it shows up in the world and in your body.
- How Reiki works and what it can be used for.
- Basics of your body's bio-magnetic field (aura) and energetic centers (chakras).
- Basics of the body's anatomy.
- Skills in grounding, centering and protecting yourself from energies that affect your vibe.
- Principals of Reiki.
- Hand-positions for practicing Reiki on yourself.
- Attunement Ceremony to the Reiki Energy - this occurs during class. Each person meditates quietly while I follow steps to infuse you with reiki to, in a way calibrate you to the energy that will be flowing through you.
- Drawing 2 of the symbols that facilitate the energy flow.
- One 30-minute mentor meeting.